I think that brunch might just be my favourite meal of the day.
Anthing goes..savoury, sweet, meaty, veggie, vegan.
It brings people together or it can be a perfect excuse for an indulgent morning to yourself.
I was in desperate need of a good old lie in might my brain was still in teacher mode and I woke up at 7.15 on my day off.
My mind could only think of one thing: FRENCH TOAST.
I pulled a hoodie on over my pajamas and headed out to Tescos to buy the few items that I was missing to make this morning treat for one.
I think that this is the perfect recipe to share in my weekend cookery slot as no one (unless they don’t work/works at home) has time to make this on a weekday morning. It tastes delicious but is super easy to make. It looks like you have made the effort but 90% of the ingredients I always have lying around in my cupboard. Quite simply its brunch perfection.
To make your own French Toast you will need: (enough for two!)
*ciabatta/thick slices of bread
* double cream
*syrup I use agave syrup as it is the healthier alternative to maple.
1. Get a big mixing bowl and crack your two eggs into it.
2. Add a good glug of cream. I do all the measurements by eye. Exact quantities are not required I find.
3. Add a tiny splash of vanilla, a pinch of salt, a squeeze of honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
4. Whisk together.
5. Cut your bread into slices ( I prefer chunks) and dip them into the mixture making sure that they are thoroughly coated in the eggy goodness.
6. Melt a little butter in a frying pan/skillet.
7. Once melted add your chunks of bread and cook until golden on one side. Flip and make sure that both sides are golden! (Takes me around 3 minutes per side.
8. Once cooked put on a plate and add white chocolate chunks on top. They should melt beautifully from the toast heat.
9. Add raspberries and drizzle agave syrup all over.
10. Climb into bed with a book, magazine or netflix and enjoy.
My O my this is perfection. The wind was blowy and the rain was rainy but I was all warm and comfy cosy in bed reading some of my favourite magazines and wearing my Christmas socks.
Let me know if you give this a go. It also works smashingly for breakfast in bed for two!